This page is dedicated to reviewers in the nursing community.
We are very pleased to give all Nurse Author & Editor readers access to Charon Pierson’s guide to Reviewing Journal Manuscripts ((c) 2015, John Wiley & Sons Inc). This guidebook gives a comprehensive overview of what peer review is and how to become a reviewer. It also provides useful guidelines on how to review different types of articles and advice on how to organize a review.
Additional resources that are relevant to peer reviewers:
- Lippincott/Editage peer review course https://
- Basic course is free and offers essential guidelines for peer review
- Advanced course (for a fee)
- Also useful for novice authors to understand the peer review process
- Publons Academy https://
- Focuses on how to use your peer review skills to advance your career
- Available at no cost
- BMJ’s resources for reviewers http://www.bmj.com/
- Detailed guidance for BMJ reviewers
- BMJ’s peer review process
- Peer review training materials
- Emerald Group http://www.
- What you need to know before reviewing
- The peer review process
- Reviewer guidelines
- Wiley http://exchanges.
- What is Peer Review?
- How to Perform a Peer Review
- Becoming a Reviewer
- Tools and Resources
- Sense About Science Peer Review Workshops
- Peer review: the nuts and bolts